- User Administration: creating, deleting changing access levels of users for applications, systems and email, email quota usage, system usage.
- Backup services: scheduled and automated backup of key servers, databases, application and system configurations, and documents, as well as restore and recovery testing.
- System Health Checks: carry out health checks on the systems proactively, such as file system space, to prevent occurrence of errors.
- System Availability Monitoring: monitoring the utilization of each resource and service on an on-going basis to ensure the optimum use of the hardware and software resources. The monitoring activity also ensures that all agreed service levels are achieved, and that business volumes are as expected.
- Performance tuning: identifying and applying appropriate tuning techniques including balancing of disk traffic to reduce data contention, designing a locking strategy to control locking usage and levels, e.g. database, page, file, record and row; and managing memory utilization efficiently.
- Capacity planning: analyze results from regular availability monitoring and performance tuning; proactively implement appropriate measures and solutions to handle ongoing increase in user interactions and business transactions.
- Security management: implement strict change control process to ensure that no malicious software or code is released; access control and audit trail maintained on all hardware, routers, firewall, software application for all changes; encryption of sensitive data and documents; vulnerability assessments on a periodic basis; and business continuity planning and implementation.
- Asset management: Maintain an asset inventory register of all hardware and software in place for the client environment.